Monday, July 14, 2008

Headed to Frankfurt....

Right now, we are on a train from Munich to Frankfurt (the last and shortest leg of this train(s) ride). Our last day in Split, we went back to one of the beaches that we found on our bikes the day before. It’s the one with this bar out on the tip of the point called, “Punta”.Below is a short video from where we were chilling at Punta, because a pic just doesn’t do it justice. You REALLY feel like you’re on vacation at this place because it’s all open-air, out on the point between two beaches, and they play some very cool lounge music. The sun and weather are so hot here that we’d only be able to stay on the beach and in the water for an hour and a half or so, and then retreat to Punta for a beer… repeat, and repeat. Not a bad way to spend out last day in Croatia, especially since we heard that it is raining back up in Germany.


We tried to do a little shopping to pick up anything we wanted that you can’t get “back in the states”. I was very tempted to get a pair of “euroshorts” so that I could continue to live up to Renee’s standards for Eurofag #1. Over here, most of the so-called shorts that guys wear are actually capries (sp?) with a little loose elastic or drawstring around the bottom, we just call them euroshorts. The day before, we ventured out into the old town and residential neighborhoods to get a truly authentic dinner. So we found this place down some street (more like an alley, but they all are) and ate there. I took the picture below because I think it is a funny documentation of how “edge of ghetto” we made it. …who knew that an alley full of busted-ass doors and graffiti made for great patio dining ambiance?! …the Croatian food at this place was very good though.
For the last night, we went to the huge complex on the water for dinner and checked out the bars afterwards. We ended up staying at some club called Bovice (sp?), the silly Croats use so many accent marks that I’m sure the name is totally different. But it was a very cool place and had everything you (or at least “I”) could want out of a bar: High concentration of hot chicks, booze, dance floors, good music (which can be a challenge to find over here), and go-go dancers that were really just strippers filling time between sets at the strip club. The first time we were in Split the go-go dancers were actual “go-go dancers”, these girls were putting on a high energy strip tease… but I couldn’t turn away! ;)
No we’re finishing up our last marathon train ride. On the five hour train from Split to Zagreb, some lady apparently didn’t know that she got motion sickness and was throwing up and dry heaving the whole way… thank god for my iPod, I drowned that out. Then we spent last night in a sleeper car with 3 other people. After popping some Xanax (Renee, you’d be proud), we stayed up drinking with the Swiss girls that were in the car with us, and eventually crashed out. We were lucky to have some normal roommates and it was nice to get some solid sleep while knocking out the longest part of the trip to Frankfurt. Overall, I think this trip from Split to Frankfurt is just over 18 hours.

No comments: