Sunday, June 29, 2008
Arrival in Prague... I love this place!
After a nice train ride, we arrived in Prague Friday afternoon and checked in to our hotel, which is a serious step up from our place in Munich. We had a little surprise when we checked in at the Hilton. When we got up to our room and openned the door, we could see some bare, hairy legs on the bed... so we went back to the front desk and told them that someone was in the room, only to find out that those hairy white legs belonged to a Junge! So we go back up to the room and got in, waking Justin up from his slumber. I've never seem someone with such a crazed look! A 6'5'', 250 lb., albino, with hair that looked like his head was on fire, and a red beard that any hobo would be proud of. And in absolute haze because we then learned that this was the first bed he's had since spending the last several days in a French prison! (...I'm going to let Justin tell that story) So we spend the rest of the afternoon wandering around Prague and drinking pivo (beer) at the different street cafes. The city is VERY cool and I loved it already. We covered ALOT of ground and found some really cool hole-in-the-wall bars around town. It seemed pretty dead for a Friday night, but we soon realized that it's because everyone is eating dinner around 9 or so, and then hitting the bars around 10 or 10:30. Of all places, we end up at a cool bar called... "New York". Even though it was called "New York", I'm pretty sure that we were the only Americans in the place. It was mostly Czechs and for the record... the level of talent in that bar (and the city for that matter) is AMAZING. It's funny how many of the girls aren't very open to meeting foreigners (we think that they may be a little afraid of the hobo beard), but a few are. After what we thought was a long night after a long day, we finally found our way back to the hotel around 2:30 and slept until 1PM the next day. I know that I'm still a day behind in these posts. So I'm playing catch up, but it is tough because my battery sucks ass... and I'm going to get Justin on here to tell his story because it really is an incredible story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Langer you silly little blogger! Keep em coming! Needless to say, the legendary Parisian Prison story is already circulating through the states bi-coastally. WISH I WERE THERE!!
Post a Comment