

So, I'm actually writing this from Prague because our "hole-in-the-wall" hotel did have wi-fi, but Munich was awesome! I was in absolute heaven, not just because of the hords of beautiful, blue-eyed blondes, but because the atmosphere for the Germany vs. Turkey game was incredible. We went to the Englischer Garten to watch the game on the big screen. I donned my jersey for the game and we got to the garten 2 hours early to get a spot. ...unfortunately, the garten was packed already! So with a couple liters of bier in hand, we ended up hanging out until game time and then found some great standing room for the game. And it was comedy to see the tables pelt the people that were not sitting down and blocking the view from the tables. Once their shirts and hair were filled with grapes, pieces of braut, and schnitzel... they finally moved. Since it was a great game the crowd was just going nuts. I'll try to attach a picture if I can... I don't really remember what happenned after the game, but apparently we followed some people we met to a party, only to split had head back to the hotel.
I don't know if it was the jet lag or the 5 liters of beer that we each had before and during the game (no joke... 5 L), but the next day was a rough one, which we didn't make it out until 4PM. We caught the Spanish vs. Russia game in a different beer garten the next day. It wasn't as crazy as the Germany game, but still a lot of fun and met some cool Germans.
I don't know if it was the jet lag or the 5 liters of beer that we each had before and during the game (no joke... 5 L), but the next day was a rough one, which we didn't make it out until 4PM. We caught the Spanish vs. Russia game in a different beer garten the next day. It wasn't as crazy as the Germany game, but still a lot of fun and met some cool Germans.

No comments:
Post a Comment